Yes, you read the title correctly. To celebrate the launch of Monster Hunter: World, Capcom is offering a £50,000 reward in exchange for comprehensive evidence of real life monsters. We know you had a group of friends you’d pull together to hunt for Pokémon downtown. Time to get the crew back together in search of Bigfoot.
There’s plenty of fine print, but here are the highlights:
- Capcom has recruited Jon Downes, the Director of The Centre for Fortean Zoology, to analyze evidence as it comes in. It’s great that they won’t be sifting through blurry photographs themselves.
- You must send real, clear evidence of any of the following monsters: Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, Mongolian death worm (what even is this??), mermaid, earth hound, yeti, chupacabra, the flying snake of Namibia, Yowie, or the Cornish Owlman.
- The bounty will open from January 30th, 2018, until June 30th, 2018. There’s not a lot of time, so get on it!
- This award is only available to UK residents who are over eighteen years of age (sorry, most of my readers).
- If there are no winners, Capcom may invite the top ten interesting entries to post-event media publicity.
- No Photoshop. Jon Downes will know.
- All submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for analysis, or they will not be accepted.
Good luck, monster hunters!